Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The year of perpetual summer.

I've returned to hot, sunny Santiago after spending three weeks in Texas. Teary-eyed, dazed, and groggy, I opened the door to my room to find it covered in a think layer of black dust. Welcome back. It's definitely taking more time to adjust back to life here that I originally thought. My heart took a second beating as I left my mom and grandmother in the airport for the second time. Now, everything feels so temporary since I will be leaving in May, but nonetheless I'm excited about traveling in February and again in April. Between the lack of permanency and the warm weather, I'm not nearly as sad about cancellations and end dates for classes as I was a couple months ago.

The student population will be dwindling for the summer months and so will the pesos in every teacher's pocket, but summer is so wonderful. And this will be my year of perpetual summer. I will catch the beginnings of a Santiago fall before I head home to my Texas summer. While fall has always been my favorite season, summers are simply filled with fun. So I will be having so much fun for next eight consecutive months.

Currently listening to: Emmy The Great. Check her out.

Some things you should know about me
1. I will never cease to be weird.
2. That's it.


3 comments:

Joanna said...

I love summer! I'm jealous of all your hot weather! I'm so excited you're going to be home this summer. We shall have a lot of fun! Miss you already! Besos.

Katie said...

I can't wait to be home, too! This summer is going to be the best especially with us reunited again ;) Besitos, amiga!!

Ceri said...

Haha, I love that pic. Ohhhh, I miss hot weather so much so I hope you're enjoying it. :D