Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday's Four #3

Okay, so these are four super cheap products that I am definitely bringing with me to Chile. Although I do like trying out new products, it makes me feel so adventurous... a little on the wild side. These are fairly common (did I mention cheap) staples scattered between my room and bathroom.

1. Paula's Choice Exfoliating 8% AHA Gel - Sometimes it stings a little, but it really helps smooth skin and fight break outs caused by dry flaking skin blocking the pores.  

2. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation - I usually use bareminerals foundation, but when I'm short on funds, this has great coverage without being too thick.

3. Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara - I always buy lengthening mascara because the formula is usually not as thick and clumpy as volumizing mascara.

4. Aveeno Nourish + Moisturizing Shampoo - I had been using this organic, all natural shampoo that my mom had bought me on clearance. I noticed that my hair would be greasy in about 12 hours. I could barely make it through a day, and I HATE washing my hair everyday. I already have a difficult time taming curly fly aways, but dried out fly aways. YUCK! With Aveeno, I've noticed that I can go 2-3 days between washes and my hair seems much less dry right after a wash.

And speaking of hair, mine is FINALLY getting longer. Two years ago, I decided to chop it off. And when I say "I", I actually mean that I myself cut it! My hairstylist had to take off some extra inches just to create a socially acceptable look. I wish my hair grew as quickly as a chia pet, but unfortunately it does not. So, my bohemian "just-shy-of-mermaid" hair is slowing growing back.


New Years Eve of two years ago vs two weeks from today. So, yes. My hair grows very slowly! Haven't the infamous "they" invented a pill that makes your hair grow quickly? I guess that could lead to something unpleasant.

Really looking for a flash back? This next photo was taken my senior year of high school (5+ years ago).  So curly, I couldn't even straighten it!  Trust me when I say, this was a good day.


Anyways. There you have it!

1 comment:

Amber Kay said...

I just read and caught up on all of your blog posts, Katie! I love your blog! :) Thanks for sharing your adventures with moving to Chile. And thanks for being real!