Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Bad Blogger.

I've started this post several times since December, and tonight I'm determined to finish it! I'll be honest and say that my effort to post regularly proved premature. I do plan on returning to a routine. These days seem like hours! Time is getting shorter, and my to do list is getting longer.  I'm confident in the fact I'll complete everything. As usual though, I'm procrastinating, staying up late, waking up early, and napping in between activities.  Oh but life is good. So good.

THESE PAST WEEKS IN BULLET POINTS.

  • Backpack + Kindle + Shoes + Dinero = GREAT Christmas!
  • Friends + Champagne + Laughter = WONDERFUL New Years!
  • Spanish + Adorable Hispanic Woman + Gringa (me) = BEST tutoring EVER
  • Working the best job I've ever had.
  • Being ridiculous at moments
  • Just chillin' con mis amigos. I have laughed so hard these past two weeks, I shouldn't worry about trying to remember to do sit ups every now and then.

NAVIDAD


I can't believe I'm leaving. Literally. The reality of my living in a different country, speaking a different language, wondering around a very large city, using the metro and busses, meeting new friends, and searching for a new job hasn't seemed to find a way to permeate my brain. Perhaps when I'm boarding the plane, I'll finally realize my predicament.  Am I nervous? In this moment, no.  Ask me in eight days; the answer may be quite the opposite!

I'm the best mom ever.

4 comments:

Abby said...

Your cat is adorable. Allllmost as adorable as my cat ;) Haha they actually do look a lot alike, I can't get enough of Charlie's white belly, so cute.

When do you arrive to these southern lands??

Katie said...

haha, I drive her CRAZY when I pet her belly, but I love it :)

I leave for Buenos Aires the 26th, and I'll be in Santiago February 6th. It's coming so soon!!

Heather said...

Good luck with everything :) I have a white-bellied kitty too. I'm the worst cat mom ever...I miss him!

Katie said...

Thanks, Heather!! I'm really excited! I'm totally going to miss my cat, too.